ONTAP Discussions

Autosupport problem in DataONTAP 8.0

klemen_bregar

Hi!

I need some help with autosupport function.

I have a problem with autosupport in DataONTAP version 8.0. (je Data ONTAP Release 8.0 7-Mode). I have set up autosupport settings.

1. If i test autosupport from Filerview it does not send anything, also there is nothing in logs (/etc/messages) about triggering the test.

2.If i power off one of the power supply on the shelf or on the controller, there are lines in logs, for example (shelf fault, configuration error). There also lines about sending autosupport logs. But nothing goes out, no emails.

3. If i trigger options autosupport.doit TEST in CLI, then there are also lines in logs and email ((USER_TRIGGERED (test)) INFO ) goes out.

The problem is the same on IBM Nseries with that DataONTAP version.

So email goes out only if i trigger autosupport test in CLI.

Is configuration in 8.0 somehow different than in 7 version? Do i need to set up some other options?

Is this bug?

Please help

With regards,

Klemen

4 REPLIES 4

scottgelb

Is your email address in "options autosupport.partner.to" ?  In ONTAP 7.3+ this new option was added.. if you are only listed in "options autosupport.to" you won't get the weekly or test emails.

klemen_bregar

Thank you!

I have entered my address also in "options autosupport.partner.to", but it does not send autosupport from filerview.

But it works in CLI.

So the problem is the same .

Any other option?

br, klemen

scottgelb

This might be worth opening a case on...probably something simple, but it is odd that filerview doesn't work but cli doesn't.  When both trigger the same asup test event.  When you trigger the asup from filerview, are there ay errors in messages/console?

klemen_bregar

Hi Scott!

When i trigger from filerview there are no errors, warning or info (that autosupport was triggered) in messages in console.

Messages are only in console if i trigger from CLI.

Messages are also in console if there is something wrong (failed disk,....) but mail does not go out.

Probably i should open a case

Klemen

Public