ONTAP Discussions

CN1610 switch os version higher than on support site

scottgelb

Found an odd one... the support site download has the latest version of 1.0.0.4 but the CN1610 shipped with 1.1.0.1

I'm leaving the newer version by don't know why the support site has an older version of fastpath than what ships on the switches

8 REPLIES 8

mrinal

Hi Scott,

Could you send the Sales Order number, customer information and cluster serial number as a direct message? This needs to be raised with internal teams for clarification.

scottgelb

Will get it... cc'd you on an email to the NetApp rep who will reply with the SO#.

stephenr

Hi Scott,

You should only use the supported version on the NetApp support site, and not newer versions that have not been fully tested with clustered ONTAP 8.1.x.

My recommendation would be to downgrade to the supported version. We have in the past had a few issues with the Cisco switches shipping with newer versions of NXOS and getting cluster interconnect problems, hence why its important to match the tested version on the support site.

Cheers

Steve

scottgelb

Thank you. These are the Netapp switches though and want to know why the factory config has this newer version. Rcf file was current.

Sent from my iPhone 5

stephenr

Hi Scott, It looks like a supply chain issue. I know that this version is being tested but as far as I am aware it is not yet approved.

As Mrinal said with the SO# we can flag this with the guys in supply chain management to get this corrected.

Cheers

Steve

scottgelb

Thank you. Really helpful here in the forums and more clustered ontap daily

Sent from my iPhone 5

pnorman

We had an issue in getting the information posted to the support site.  The new rev of firmware has been qualified,  see table below.  We should have complete posting including firmware download in the next week or two.  Sorry to have caused you folks to stress out.

SwitchSwitch OS FASTPATH VersionRCF VersionMinimum Data ONTAP VersionNotes
CN1610 Cluster Switch1.1.0.11.08.1.1
CN1601 Management Switch1.1.0.11.08.1.1
CN1601 Cluster Switch1.1.0.11.08.1.1The CN1601 used as a cluster switch is only compatible with NetApp FAS2220 platforms.
1.0.0.41.08.1.1The CN1601 used as a cluster switch is only compatible with NetApp FAS2220 platforms.

jeschke

Can you make sure that ConfigAdvisor gets updated as well?

Thank You

Public