Client network utilization

Hello All,

Need some command line help as it pertains to network utilization. Trying to map what a client server's network utilization is and am having a hard time trying to figure this out. To give a little background, an issue occurred where a NFS volume was being hammered and I needed to try and figure out what client server was sending - or writing - the most data. I know what LIF(s) the communication was happening over but, unable to figure how to isolate the IP address with the high workload.

Re: Client network utilization

The perfstat will provide information about volume names that are experiencing high latencies. If nothing else is wrong, moving the volume to a less loaded node will provide immediate relief. Other options such as adding load sharing mirrors can also be explored.

For more details you can refer KB article: which talks about NFS resource not performing as quickly as expected (throughput or latency).

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Re: Client network utilization

Thanks for the response!

Performance wasn't an issue. Just large amounts of data being written filling up the volume. As I mentioned before, would like to find a method to identify nodes sending large amounts of data.

Thanks again,