ONTAP Discussions

DFM Backup Error "Source is not a valid name or qtree path"

randy_sawtelle

I am using DFM to backup  Windows 2k8r2 servers.  All tests past from CLI and from within DFM gui.  When I attempt to do an initial backup from within DFM I get the error "Source is not a valid name or qtree path"  I have debug turned on, on the filer and from that side I get Invalid character found in the volume name.  I am not inserting any special characters, best guess the filer is interpeting a character wrong?  Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

randy_sawtelle

So, after days of T/S this was the problem.  Because I was not in a domain, and using host files, my host file on the filer was not formatted correctly.  Once I straightned it out properly, all is good.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

randy_sawtelle

So, after days of T/S this was the problem.  Because I was not in a domain, and using host files, my host file on the filer was not formatted correctly.  Once I straightned it out properly, all is good.

NIHAndrew

I was trying to do an OSSV job with a Windows Server 2008r2 and got the same error message "Source is not a valid name or qtree path".  And found out that it doesn't like mapped drives to backup.  I found this out by trying the C: drive as well as FC connected and iSCSI connected drives which worked fine.

Public