2011-12-12 10:14 PM
I'm also interested in this.
What I've found so far is how to integrate the CPs to Cacti:
Is there no counter in DFM/NMC for the same result?
2011-12-12 11:19 PM
Yes, you can display CP information in Performance Advisor.
1. Enable showing of diagnostic counters in DFM: dfm option set perfAdvisorShowDiagCounters=yes
2. Restart the DFM
3. In Performance Advisor, go to Setup->Hosts. Select the host you want to view CP data for and edit its data collection.
4. Under enabled counters go to wafl where you will see the cp_count. This is counter we are interested in. You can modify the sample rate and retention period if needed.
5. In order to view the collected data you have to create a custom view. Go to Setup -->Custom Views.
6. Add the chart with the wafl:cp_count counters.
You can now view the new chart.
For those interested you can also collect/view this data using the filer CLI (diag mode) and the stats command:
> stats explain counters wafl:wafl:cp_count
Counters for object name: wafl
Description: Array of counts of different types of CPs
Size: 13 column array
Column names: wafl_timer generated CP, snapshot generated CP, wafl_avail_bufs generated CP, dirty_blk_cnt generated CP, full NV-log generated CP, back-to-back CP, flush generated CP, sync generated CP, wafl_avail_vbufs generated CP, deferred back-to-back CP, container-indirect-pin CP, low mbufs generated CP, low datavecs generated CP