ONTAP Discussions

Deleting snapvault relationship when the primary directory is already removed.

GUVNIJJAR

We have a snapvault relationship setup in data fabric manager, between a a server which is a primary directory and the secondary directory is a netapp filer.  The server in the primary directory has now been removed and deleted from our network and domain.   The snapvault relationship still exists in DFM, but as the server has gone, i want to delete this backup schedule.  So in DFM i go into the Backup tab and then in the Storage systems tab, and click on the relationship I want to delete, and then click on the delete column and choose the delete button, and get the message started job to delete, but when I check afterwards the relationship is still there.

Is there a different way to delete the job, as the primary server no longer exists.  Is there something in command line on the secondary filer we might need to run.   Any advice.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

columbus_admin

You can try dfbm primary dir relinquish primary_dir

primary_dir would be hostname:/ossv_dir

I am not sure this will work for you, but it is really handly to get DFM to stop reporting relationships in my opinion.

- Scott

JODI_SHIPP01

Yes, you can also also check relationship status by typing in 'dfpm relationship list -xa'.  This will show previous relationships and when they were deleted and by whom.  To find the right path to relinquish you can type in 'dfbm primary dir list'. 

Public