ONTAP Discussions

EM-04045: Unable to deploy or undeploy plug-ins. A postupgrade data migration job (ADMP) is running

THECALSAINT

Just downloaded 12.1.0.2.0 plug-in trying to deploy it after successfully importing into the library.

Getting the following error when I try to deploy it on the management server per documentation (sec 2.6 pg11 and 12 of Doc part number 215-08155_A0  - NetApp® Storage System Plug-In 12.1.0.2.0 For Oracle® Enterprise Manager 12c)

EM-04045: Unable to deploy or undeploy plug-ins. A postupgrade data migration job (ADMP) is running. Wait for the job to end, and then retry the deploy or undeploy operation.

I did suspend ADMP job which was scheduled, but same error again. Tried it few times but to no avail.

Checked emctl.log and emoms.log, there is nothing related to this error.

Any help is apprecoated.

9 REPLIES 9

THECALSAINT

Missed mentioing, we are on Cloud Control 12.1.0.3.

sachin1

Hi Anil,

Please send the emctl and oms log (sachin1@netapp.com) and also the screenshot. We suggest you to raise this problem on EM12c forum also.

Did you try deploying other plug-ins also after EM 12c upgrade?

Regards,

Sachin Maheshwari

THECALSAINT

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for picking this up. I sent you the logs and the error screen shot as well.

No I have not deployed any other plug-in yet, this is the first plug-in that I am trying to deploy.

thanks,

Anil

sachin1

Hi Anil,

Thank you for sending logs and screenshots. Deployment steps looks fine from NetApp Storage Plug-in deployment perspective.

Can you first finish the execution of suspended job (ADMP)? This looks to be EM 12c upgrade step from older version to newer version.

I explored this problem and found some relevant link that might be useful for you and look for ADMP string in below link.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/upgrade.121/e22625/upgrading_12101_PS1_oms.htm

If problem still persists, please contact EM12c support team. 

Regards,

Sachin Maheshwari

THECALSAINT

Thanks a lot Sachin. I am reviewing the link that you gave here.

I will update this thread shortly.

Appreciate for quickly jumping into this.

thanks,

Anil

THECALSAINT

Hi Sachin,

I have lifted the suspnesion on the ADMP job it ran fine.

What I did notice is that Accrued Data Migration (Setup->Manage Cloud Control->Post Upgrade Tasks: Tab: Acrued Data Migration) jobs are still seem to be in progress for the past 3 months that was when I upgraded EM GC to CC. I opened an SR with Oracle let us see what they come back with.

thanks a lot again,

Anil

sachin1

Hi Anil,

Thanks you for update.

Please do write us if you face any issues with NetApp Storage Plug-in and share your feedback.

Regards,

Sachin Maheshwari

THECALSAINT

Hi Sachin,

Finally I was able to deploy the plug-in.

It turns out that ADMP tasks were running forever. Opened an SR and they gave me a solution to update the jobs manually (table udpate) to mark them complete.

Then I was able to deploy the plug-in.

Thought to share the solution with you.

thanks for your help,

Anil

sachin1

Hi Anil,

Excellent !!! NetApp Plug-in has been successfully installed in your environment.

We appreciate your time for providing regular updates on community discussion forum. Your comments on community will definitely help other people if they stuck up with same issue.

Please do create a separate discussion on community forum for any feedback about plug-in.

Regards,

Sachin Maheshwari

Public