ONTAP Discussions

Error in ATTO Fibrebridge 6500N pdf in NOW

peter_lehmann

Don't know where else to report this...

The pdf 215-05845-A0 has an error on the picture for Fabric Metrocluster cabling on page 2...

The FC Switches are connected the wrong way (1 with 4 and 2 with 3).

Correct would be 1 with 3 and 2 with 4.

Unless this has changed with 8.1, then I'm worng.

Peter

6 REPLIES 6

lisa

Hi Peter, thanks for your comment. I wrote the document you are referring to (215-05845_A0 Configuring a MetroCluster system with SAS disk drives and FibreBridge 6500N). One of the engineers brought your comment to my attention. We looked into this and you are correct. The Inter-Switch Link connections between the switches are incorrect. I'll be updating the document so that it's consistent with fabric MetroCluster documentation. A new revision of the 215-05845 document will be published at the beginning of November.

Thank you again. In the future, if you have comments about any docs you can email them to doccommentsdoccomments@nrtapp.com@netapp.com. Writers respond to doccomment emails within 24 hours and keep you informed of progress and when the issue is corrected.

-l

aborzenkov

Probably not worth new thread ... in the ATTO PDF I read:

Go to the ATTO FibreBridge Description page on the NetApp Support Site at support.netapp.com

a. Access the ATTO Web site using the link provided

Could you please provide direct link to this "ATTO FibreBridge Description" page on NOW. I cannot find it on NOW; the only material available is the single PDF document we are discussing.

BTW, Lisa, the E-Mail link you provided is somewhat messed up

lisa

Hi Peter, I can update the doc to add a more precise link. For now you can try this:

https://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software/?product=Protocol+Bridge&platform=ATTO+FibreBridge

If the above link doesn't work, the link below will put you a couploe levels up (on the software download page) and you'll drill down by

scrolling to the Protocol Bridge item in the list, choosing ATTO Fibrebridge from the drop down menu, and then clicking Go.

https://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software/

The reason that doc comments link didn't work is becasue I had a typo. Sorry about that:

doccomments@netapp.com

gmilazzoitag

I've compared the old and the current version of the doc found here . The error is still there.

Why?

gmilazzoitag

There's also another simplification in the schema.

The double FC/VI connection in the Fabric MC design is diplayes as in the stretch one.

Really it has to be linked to the switches.

Bye

gmilazzoitag

Find the right path to the right and last DOC

HERE

Public