Subscribe

Escape from 'systemshell'

I have a perfstat collection which is tying up my regular SSH/telnet console.

I'm attempting to connect via the SP, but when I connected to the 'system console'  none of the regular commands were working, and I noticed the shell was suffixed with '%'.  Turns out I was logged into the system shell and one of my colleagues had left it logged in.

I exited from that, and to verify that the system shell was the cause of my unrecognised command problem, I up-arrowed until I saw the 'systemshell' command, I then stupidly pressed enter which brought me to the 'systemshell' login prompt.

My colleague is unavailable, we do not have the diag user password, I cannot reset the password as the regular console session is in use and will be for the forseeable future.  How can I escape the login prompt?

Re: Escape from 'systemshell'

Try pressing Ctrl-D.

I've tried every escape character I can think of.  Ctrl D logs me out of the ONTAP console and puts me back on the SP, when I log back into ONTP, I see the login prompt for the systemshell.

Then try to use batch mode ssh to reset password:

ssh filer "priv set advanced; useradmin diaguser password"

As Aborzenkov suggested, reset paaword though batch or interactive SSH session, get successful login to systemshell, and exit again.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1014503

After your colleague come back reset password again as before.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

He cannot enter systemshell because he does not know password ...