2015-10-07 09:58 PM
My company has Nseries N3400 which used CIFS for file share.
On ctl A we have 2 aggr:
- Aggr0: total 5TB with root volume 50gb and the rest for VM volume.
-Aggr1: total 3TB for CIFS share and almost full (100GB available)
We want to expand the file capacity.
1. Create root volume say "root2" 50GB on aggr1
2. move root volume from aggr0 to volume "root2"
3. move VMs from vol VM on aggr0 to other box (ibm v3700)
4. Destroy the aggr0 (this will free some disks)
5. Add some disks to the aggr1 and resize the CIFS share volume
1. Is this the good way to expand aggr1? Pls suggest other better solution.
2. Step 2 is a complex step, do we need to re config Cifs configuration, network or exports file?
please help us with this case. All the recommendations are welcomed. Thanks.
2015-10-07 10:35 PM