Subscribe

FAS 2240-2 HA How? Missing Files

I have inherited an FAS 2240-2 double controller with no external storage.  It is running 8.1.2 7-mode.  As configured the two controllers are "seperate" from one another.  I want to set it up as multipath HA.   I have cabled it up per NA pdf guidance.   In a seperate NA publication to add "a second controller to creat and HA pair" it states:

Copy the following files from the existing controller module's /etc/boot and etc/software directories ......    I don't have either the boot nor software directories under /etc (or anywhere else) !!!

Am I missing something?        I was going to setup a netboot and reload my controller but I don't have access to 8.1.2.    Data loss is not important as there is currently no data there.

Could I have selected a clean install and selected other options that would have provided the desired multipath HA that I desire?

Thanks for any help.

Re: FAS 2240-2 HA How? Missing Files

This is the first time ever I hear about copying something. You need cluster license on both controllers; once license is installed, just issue "cf enable" and reboot.

I found the instructions here:  https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMM1280363   Perhaps I am mis-interpreting.   I will verify I have cluster licensing installed and try your commands.   Thanks

Oh, it simply suggests one possible method to configure NetBoot. As you already have two controllers running the same (I assume) version, you do not really need it.