ONTAP Discussions

Getting system images via SFTP

SMLocke

I'm looking at an upgrade to CDOT 8.3.2, and I need to load up the OS image to the nodes. The system image get command lets you get files from HTTP, FTP, FILE, and TFTP.

It turns out that the FTP server I can use for this purpose is actually an SFTP server. Is there some magic sauce I need to use to make system image get get a file from an SFTP server? Or am I kinda screwed and need to arrange something else?

3 REPLIES 3

georgevj

Does your SFTP server support SCP ? if yes, you may try to get into systemshell on the NetApp system and try scp the file to "/mroot/etc/software" directory.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

georgevj

Oh. seems like sftp client is also available at systemshell 🙂

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

STORAGESERVICE

Hi any news here on this topic?

We are on the same situation and have only an sftp Server available in our restricted Environments.

Would also prefer to get sftp (for Ontap/Firmware upload) working over normal Cluster-Management console.

In our company we use sysstemshell only for emergency!

BR,

Klaus

Public