Subscribe

Help to configure NETApp FAS2050

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm new with netapp and I just bought a FAS2050 storage.
I was searching through the online documentation but I didn't found how to configure the storage.
I connected on the lOlOl port the serial cable and connected it in the serial port of my computer, I try to connect to the storage using putty but in the console only fill with a lot of strange characters but I cannot send any commands or something.
Probably I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.
Does anybody know where I can found good documentation to start to configure the storage?
If anybody needs extra information to help me just ask me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Help to configure NETApp FAS2050

First of all, let me get this out of the way - Please tell me you aren't putting a 2050 in production?  That's super old and is EOL.  Is this for your home?

Putty Serial Cable: Connect your laptop serial port to the NetApp console port.  Open Putty and put the tick mark on Serial, COM port may need to be adjusted form COM1.

Yes.. I'm installing it in production, we are a small company and bought it as a refurbished equipment.

I already did what you said but instead of set me in a prompt to start to configure it, start to fill the console with strange characters and never stop till I close the session.

I don't know if somebody can help me with this although the storage be EOL.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't do you any good putting a 2050 in production.  It's used and old and doesn't even support the new code.  You were better off making a business case to mgmt on why you need new hardware.   

How old is the 2050?? We bought like 5 years ago one 2040 and it was the lastes model that our seller had..

I have to use this 2050 because this is what we bought and I'm sure that our company can afford to buy a new storage Smiley Sad

a 2050 is very old...  EOA May 2011 - It doesn't even support 8.x code.  Unfortunately you company has made a very poor decision.

We one too and i would like to test and learn from it. if anyone could help me step by step instructions on how to start using it.