ONTAP Discussions

How is possible to organize 15 minutes interval snapshots schedule?

sergey_seleznev

How is possible to organize 15 minutes snapshots schedule in VMware environment using SnapManager for VI?

Is it possible or not? I have found information only about hourly and daily schedule.

4 REPLIES 4

lovik_netapp

Welcome to communities!

Though it's not advisible however if you want you can schedule "minutely" snapshots in priv set advanced mode.

For example, to setup a volume with 1 weekly, 1 nightly, 23 hourly (because the nightly covers hour "0"), and minutely snapshots every 15 minutes for 24 hours (except on the hour, which is covered by the hourly), you would do:

priv set advanced

snap sched <volname> 1 1 23@1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23 72@15,30,45

Hope that helps!

hadrian

This is for SMVI -

I would take a look at the VSC CLI option to see about having a script kick off a particular job at your needed interval.

Perhaps the real question is what type of application do you need to back up every 15 minutes and are there better ways to protect that data?

scottgelb

Excellent information... we learn something new everyday in this job, no matter how much experience we have.  I did not know minutely was an option in advanced mode.  Thank you for this.

sergey_seleznev

Thank you for useful answers.

RPO was defined not by me and unfortunately I can't influence to this.

Public