ONTAP Discussions

How to access a snapmirror file that no longer contains any ACL's on NetApp

markryanwillis

I basically have a file that has been Snapmirrored about 30-days ago that has either changed owndership or has lost all the ACL's (both) not sure. Thus I cannot not restore the file. Is there a way to basically get that file off this CIFS volume and have it assume the everyone ACL or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

You could Ndmpcopy the file from a snapshot directory from the cli To a new name on the active file system then as log as you have top level permission you can modify permission on that file.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AGUMADAVALLI

Break the snapmirror, change the cifs share to everyone, you should be able to access from all the clients the share and restore it just with cut and paste.

Once done, resync it back again and you will be  back to business.

thank you.

AK G

markryanwillis

This file is in a ~snapshot folder and not sure that is going to work that easy. I think I forgot to mention that....

AGUMADAVALLI

yes you are correct.

AK G

haenggi

One way to get just the information out of it is using CLI Command rdfile. Here an example:

rdfile /etc/.snapshot/nightly.1/snapmirror.conf

This command will print out the content of the snapmirror.conf file from the snapshot nightly.1 onto the CLI.

scottgelb

You could Ndmpcopy the file from a snapshot directory from the cli To a new name on the active file system then as log as you have top level permission you can modify permission on that file.

markryanwillis

That is what I did before we found the owner of the file had his Domain Account recently deactivated (: Thank you all!

Public