ONTAP Discussions

How to configure retention time in data fabric manager.

TOBIAS1979

Hi

I have some questions about retentiontimes on my DFM host. I want to save snapshot on my primary and secondary site for 2 days and on my backup site for 30days. What schedule shuold I use and how should I set the retention times?

Rgds

Tobias

1 REPLY 1

GOODFELLA2071

Hi Tobias,

I am assuming that you are using NetApp Management Console (I am using version 3.0).  I would suggest that you create a new schedule.  Are you using SnapMirror and/or SnapVault?  If you are using both I would create a new schedule for both SM & SV and assign those schedules to a new Policy.  Depending on how you wish to configure your backup strategy I am positive that the templates (e.g. Back up, Back up then mirror, Chain of two mirrors, Local backups only)... then choose that particular policy and assign the schedules that you previously created to the particular areas of the policy.

I apologise if I am barking up the wrong tree as I may be stating the obvious, but it seems to me that this is what you are looking for.  If you need any additional assistance please let me know.

Public