ONTAP Discussions

How to explore into Netapp Technology in much Depth ????? Team,Your Help Required

GUNTUPALLI_RKRAO

Hi All,

I am working in Netapp Devices and technology (Ontap and all other stuff))almost from past 6 years. First into implementation and then into support, I have noticed that Netapp is the best technology than other vendor(s). Now I am very much interested to explore much more deeper than that of support and Implementation.

For instance :- How does a snap mirror work Like when an initial transfer starts which file or object get activated and what are the stages of transfer (Its not abt sync,Async and S-sync)  what is the background process.

This will hep me to explore and have depth knowledge....

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

R.K.

1 REPLY 1

scottgelb

I would go to learningcenter.netapp.com and take some of the classes online that are no charge.  A lot of great free content.  For the initialization of snapmirror it is just a couple commands... snapmirror.allow options on the controllers, then snapmirror initialize.  The process is initializing status until completed (although can restart checkpoint if interrupted depending how far it is) then update /etc/snapmirror.conf on the destination for the update schedule after initialization.  For clustered ontap there is cluster and vserver (svm) peering and intercluster LIFs then snapmirror create and initialize commands but the same concept.

Public