Subscribe
Accepted Solution

I How to change the ipspace on the partner filer??

hii,

I am setting up a new vfiler on a Filer, the vfiler is on different domain from the filer, so i created a vlan on vif1 having eoa and eob trunked..My question is by mistake i have put the ipspace on the partner different from filer..i typed it as nor2 instead of nor1. so i want to change it to nor1 however it is on source. I know that there is no way to change the IPspace name or change the vfiler ipspace assigned once created as here it is Trunked interface having a vlan created on vif1. But to be noted, there is no vfiler apart from default vfiler on the partner where i created ipspace. so how can i resolve this issue considering the failover process to work fine. It would be a great help.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Re: I How to change the ipspace on the partner filer??

For failover, Ipspace names must match with the partner interface in the same Ipspace. If not the same you have to destroy and recreate them.

Thanks scott, you are so quick..But the virtual interface is already assigned to ipspace that i want to destroy..below is what i did on partner

partner filer>vlan create vif1 513

ipspace create nor2

ipspace assign nor2 vif1-513

Now what should i do??

Bring it back to default then create nor1 and reassign. As long as not in use yet.

ipspace assign default-ipspace vif1-513

ipspace create nor1

ipspace destroy nor2

ipspace assign nor1 vif1-513

Create the vFiler with nor1

ipspace assign nor2 vif1-513

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Perfect..Do we need to create vfiler on partner also or not a compulsion??

Not required. Just the Ipspace and partner. No vFiler needed on the partner. Just interface in the Ipspace

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Thanks, I have changed accordingly, it works fine..Also, these are the three steps I want to additionally add to the rc file on both nodes..Do you think its right??

Nas01>

vlan create vif1 513

ifconfig vif1-513 192.168.55.221 netmask 255.255.255.165 mtusize 1500 partner vif1-513

vfiler run nor1 route add default 192.168.55.128 1

Nas02>

vlan create vif1 513

ifconfig vif1-513 192.168.55.221 netmask 255.255.255.165 mtusize 1500 partner vif1-513

vfiler run nor1 route add default 192.168.55.128 1

The ips are duplicate. On the partner you don't need an ip of no vFiler on that interface...or a different ip if there is. And the vFiler name won't be the same if on the partner do the default route only on the node that owns the vFiler.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

True, Ips are duplicate, and I dint get what you meant??..If you don’t mind can you be clear.

To be more clear... You can't have duplicate ips. Either a different ip or no ip.

Sent from my iPhone 4S