ONTAP Discussions

License Code?

jbayaton1869

Hi Again Guys,

This is the next level question of the "Reset Username / Password problem that I post days ago.

Anyways, where can we get the License Code of the FAS270 machines?

Do I need to send a request to the Support Team for this? Or is it a part of the information that we can get when we do a "sysconfig" command?

Also, does the attach file means that there really was no license configured on the machine? I gathered this by issuing the "license" command.

I think somebody did tinker the machine already before i laid my hands on it.

Thanks in advance.

El

6 REPLIES 6

reinoud7

Hi El,

The licence file that you added, was this before the resetting? It's clear that you have a NFS, snaprestore and iSCSI license. After the reset, you have to add those again: license add <licence code>.

On the now site, based on your serial number, you can find all the licenses tar are connected to your box. Maybe you have more licenses than you think

Reinoud

ps:Maybe it is not a good idea to post your licenses on a public place.

jbayaton1869

Hi

Reinoud,

Thanks very much on this one.

Regarding posting this kind of info, I'll remember that from hereon. All the while, I was thingking that licensing on NetApp Appliances are bind to specific machines.

Anyways, thanks very much once again.

More Power!

El

jbayaton1869

Hi

Reinoud,

I forgot to mention that, I have not touch anything on this machine except the reseting the password for the root account. So if the license were already pushed or configured, then I totally have no idea.

Honestly, I am just discovering and at the same time learning this technology altogether.

I think, this appliance has been sitting in the corner and doing nothing for god knows how long. I was just as to configure it last week. And I really appreciate the assistance that I am getting from this site....or maybe this is what you can consider "beginner's luck"...

Anyways, going back to the &lt;license code&gt; ..are these the letters that follow right after "NFS", "iSCI" etc on the file that I sent earlier? Or Do I need to dig deeper on my machine or somewhere else?

Also, you mentioned "On the now site" where I can find my license tar. Is this within the box (FAS270)?

Please bear with me and accept my apologies for being such an idiot on this one.

Thanks very much in advance.

All the best

El

adamfox

To find license codes on the NOW site, start on the main page:

https://now.netapp.com/eservice/SupportHome.jsp

Then look down and to the right and find "My Licensed for Serial Numbers". That should walk you through the process of recovering your license keys. If that doesn't work, you can always call support and they can help you with that as well.

Hope this helps.

reinoud7

The strange strings after NFS, CIFS, ... that is your license code. But I suggest that your filer is up and running: you now just to need to configer it and a new world will open to you.

On the now-site, you also find a lot of documentation, installation guides and guidelines.

Reinoud

jbayaton1869

Now this is what you called a forum!

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreaciate all of this!

All the best,

El

Public