ONTAP Discussions

Licenses required – VMware Environment

nsitps1976

I am in the process of learning about NA. I am looking to put together a small proposal for a customer; however I am still unsure of which licenses they would require.

Please could someone help with this based on the following requirements.

- FAS2040C with SAS disks at primary site

- FAS2040 with SATA disks at DR site

- VMs located on NFS at both sites

- VM snapshot and replication ability

- Deduplication

Also, with replication which interface does replication traverse when using NFS or FC, if using FC can one of the ports used for management be used for replication or does this need to be FC replication via an FC fabric etc

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bossman13

I would suggest that you use the SnapManager products for Exchange, SQL, etc. You will also need NFS licenses, SnapRestore, SnapMirror at the target and the source. If you are going to be running DR fire drills then I suggest you look into getting a Flexclone license.

There are 3 software bundles that NetApp offer and they are the Server Virtualization Bundle, Windows Bundle and the Complete Bundle. Your reseller should be able to send over a document outlining what you get in each bundle. If you any problems getting it let me know and I will send it over to you.

Hopefully this answers your question and if you need any more information let me know.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Public