ONTAP Discussions

Migrate snapvault primary to new aggregate - without breaking protection manager

darrindg

Hello,

We need to migrate a volume to a new aggregate (as its current aggregate is nearing capacity).

How can we do this without losing protection manager snapvault and backups (or more accurately, restore) capability - and without rebaselining?

Regards,

Darrin.

4 REPLIES 4

georgevj

Seems like you can, but since its a complex task, the procedure is identified as something that needs NetApp Tech support's involvement. Please contact the supprt, they should be able to help you.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

darrindg

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty dissapointed if this is such a complex task. Surely people need to move primary volumes from time to time?

Anyway, I'll try my luck with a support call.

Thanks again,

Darrin.

thomas_glodde

Protection Manager 5 with 7dot? There is a wizard in the Protection Manager GUI to move secondary volumes.

darrindg

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, we need to move the primary and not the secondary volume!

Regards,

Darrin.

Public