ONTAP Discussions

Need your help for the following snapmirror error?

JAFFERALI86

Hi All,

I have a client who is using snapmirror for a long time. He increased the space in the source volume without increasing the destination volume and the snapmirror status becomes "Unknown". Now he deleted the volume from the destination and created a new volume as same as the source. But when he did a snapmirror initialize he is getting the following error.

snapmirror status

Snapmirror is on.

Source Destination State Lag        Status

sourcebox1:NSG2_Shared DESTINATIONBOX1:DR_NSG2_Shared Unknown        4493:23:26  Pending with restart checkpoint (at 649 GB)

sourcebox1:Pthecus DESTINATIONBOX1:DR_SGCPthecus Snapmirrored   13:43:39   Idle

sourcebox1: fresh_archvol  DESTINATIONBOX1:DR_mtvfresh_archvol Snapmirrored   13:43:38   Idle

sourcebox1:test1 DESTINATIONBOX1:test2 Broken-off     8226:41:16  Idle

could someone please help me to resolve the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JAFFERALI86
3 REPLIES 3

ANILPAWAR1988

If you had deleted  destination Snapmirror volume, so you have to make again look like new relationship.. so please go to destination filer and make it new relationship.

If still you will get error messages  so please send me logs..anil.pawar1988@yahoo.com

destination-filer> vol create demo_destination aggr01 100G
destination-filer> vol restrict demo_destination

destination-filer> snapmirror initialize -S source-filer:demo_source destination-filer:demo_destination
Transfer started.

Monitor progress with 'snapmirror status' or the snapmirror log.

destination-filer>

JAFFERALI86

Hi Pawar,

I did follow this before. Now the status is uninitialized. I will wait until it sync to the source and I will let you know.

Thanks and Regards,

Jaffer Ali

JAFFERALI86

Hi All,

Please see the below link.

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=83700

Thanks and Regards,

Jaffer

Public