ONTAP Discussions

Not able to access a qtree in Linux box even MIXED mode authentication enabled

FIZEENETAPP

Hello all,

I have setup a simluator where i have shared a share to an Active directory user.The share is a qtree.I am able to access the share by the user i have specified on my windows XP box.But if i try to access that qtree in my Linux machine by mounting the volume i get permission denied error.I logged in as root in my Linux machine.The qtree which is inaccessible in Linux has been set 'MIXED' mode .

If i change it to UNIX mode i am able to access it in Linux machine.I believe if it is MIXED it should be allowed for both NTFS and UNIX mode.

My Share permission are as follows.

netapp> qtree

Volume     Tree          Style             Oplocks      Status

vol2           qtree2       mixed           enabled       normal

And my permissions to my share are as follows.

netapp> cifs shares

Name      Mount Point     Description

qtree2     /vol/vol2/qtree2

AD\smith  / Full Control

Also i have another question on quotas.I have set up an active directory user and i want to impose quota restriction for that user on a qtree or volume basis.For now i went with setting up quota restriction for qtree1

S-1-5-21-27778-2222-23444                           user@/vol/vol1/qtree1                            1024k      -      512k     -       -   

netapp> cifs shares

Name      Mount Point     Description

qtree2     /vol/vol1/qtree1

AD\geff  / Full Control

I want this user to be limited to 1MB size for the qtree (qtree1 ).

I have checked the quota status for the volume vol1 also i issued 'quota resize /vol/vol1/ '  whenever i make changes to the quotos file.

Small update .I can see that user \Admins usage is getting increased when i login as AD\geff user and create documents.AD\geff usage remains 0.Just wondering why its not taking geff into account.

Here it is

netapp> quota report -t

K-Bytes                      Files

Type       ID    Volume    Tree       Used      Limit     T-hold   Used    Limit   Quota Specifier

----- -------- -------- -------- ---------       ---------   ----------  ------------   -------   --------  -----------------------

user    \geff        vol1     qtree1         0       1024        512          0           -         AD\geff

user      root      vol1        -              0         -            -             1            -

user  \Adminis   vol1        -         3596       -             -            7             -

I checked for this account

> cifs lookup adminis

lookup failed

Since domain was not there i tried with the storage name and administrator account

storage> cifs lookup storage\Administrator

SID = S-1-5-21-2104823214-874811194-1311268161-500

Let me know where i have done mistake.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fizeen

1 REPLY 1

ajay_behera

Hi,

what is the o/p of exportfs and rdfile /etc/exports.

Regards,

Ajay

Public