3 weeks ago
ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can? Create an Oracle RAC Application on NFS
Easily Create an Oracle RAC Application on NFS
Use the Oracle application creation feature to set up the application with two instances of the database, provision the set of volumes needed for its storage and place them on aggregates and nodes that can safely meet the capacity and IOPS requirements of the workload, provision QoS policies to ensure continued compliance with those requirements, and identify the hosts that will access the objects.
An Oracle RAC application can be created for use over NFS in OnCommand System Manager using the following steps:
1. Select the SVM.
2. Click the Applications tab in the menu bar.
3. Click Add Application.
4. In the “Add Oracle Instance” page, specify the following properties of the application:
5. Select NFS as the protocol used to access the application.
6. Select the host operating system that will access the application.
7. The IP addresses of the hosts that will access the application.
8. Use System Manager to view the details of the Oracle RAC application.
For more information, please see the ONTAP9 documentation center