ONTAP Discussions

ONTAP SMI-S Agent 4.0 and Vfiler

damien_gerard

Hello,

I started the installation of the SMI-S provider (Data ONTAP SMI-S Agent 4.0.1) and began to collecte storage information using my own SMI-S client (based in OpenPegasus).

I find desired information about the Vfiler in the class Ontap_Vfiler. Unfortunately I can't find an association class to link the top Computer_System Instance (the filer) and all my Vfiler Instances.

Can someone could help me ?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

carian

Hi Damien,

Vfilers are not currently supported in the Data ONTAP SMI-S Agent.

Jason

damien_gerard

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your answer. Do you know if Vfiler functionalities will be add in next release ? It will be very usefull.

Thx.

Damien

carian

There are no plans to support Vfilers in the next release. However, we plan to support Vservers in ONTAP Cluster-Mode which have very similar functionality to Vfilers.

damien_gerard

Yes I'm agree. But what is the plan concerning filers with ONTAP 8 NOT in Cluster-Mode ? These filers will be totally unsupported ?

carian

Our development efforts are currently focused on ONTAP 8 in Cluster-Mode. The SMI-S provider still supports filers in 7-mode, but Vfilers are currently not in the scope of supportability.

MRJORDANG

Hello,

Any chance that vfilers in an ONTAP 8.1.3 7-Mode environment are officially supported in the Data ONTAP SMI-S Agent Version 5.1.2?    The most recent post (from 2012) says no, but I am hoping this has changed with SMI-S Agent v5.1.2 as some customers are still running 7-mode.  

Thanks,

MRJG

saranraj456

Does the SMI-S agent SMI - 1.7.0 version ( latest) supports vfiler in 7-mode ?

Public