Subscribe

OSSV / SnapVault Newbie - Scheduling an automatic update.

7-Mode ONTAP 8.1.2P4 as a secondary system and OSSV on Windows as a primary.  I have a relationship established and have been doing manual, periodic "snapvault update"s to bring across changes.

I want to schedule this, but I'm not sure that snapvault snap sched is what I'm after or not.  It seems to be about retaining snapshots of data and really I just want to keep one copy -- as up to date as possible (once an hour or so).  We're preparing for a migration.

Maybe I do something like:

snapvault snap sched -x  hourly 1@mon-fri@0-23

?

Thanks,

Ray

Re: OSSV / SnapVault Newbie - Scheduling an automatic update.

Hi Ray,

you are right,  if you keep just one Snapshot you can set this with your mentioned scheduler.

With your settings,  every hour will be made a snap and the previous snap will be deleted automaticly. 

Notice: often the connection between the Filer and the  OSSV Clients/Hosts are not optimal (bandwith?)

and in that case,  there is a bigger change rate,  1 hour could be pretty narrow for transferring new data to the destination.

regards

Lutz

Thanks, Lutz.  I'll give this a try.  Our change rate has (so far) been as such that I can do an update within one and a half hours even after 7-8 hours of lag.  But your point is well taken.  I'll probably start with a wider window to be safe.

welcome.

I wish you success !