ONTAP Discussions

OSSV Snapvault Relationship Create Failed

peter1965

Hi -

Setting up OSSV on a 2k3 server with OSSV 3.1.

I created a resources groups simply called servers and I have one server using this and it did not have an issue when I added a second server and applied the policy I get the following error with dataset nonconforment

Backup relationships creation from node Primary data to node Backup of dataset mydatasetname (2304) failed. Please refer to job 79 for more details.

Job id 79:

Myservername:E:/Users: Error creating relationship to myfiler01:/my_backup.

I am certain ignorance can be the problem But any hints etc regarding my plight?

4 REPLIES 4

peter_lehmann

Hi Peter

It could be authentication related. Have you checked the "ndmp" user to be used on the OSSV Agent and the Protection Manager settings?

Peter

(1967)

peter1965

Yes double and triple checked it all good there

peter_lehmann

Can you provide more error details, please?

You can find more in the root volume of the storage system in the /etc/log/snapmirror file.

Peter

PS Or open a case with NetApp, they will ask for DEBUG Infos and ossvinfo logfiles.

peter1965

Hello - just an update as I have been a way for a bit. I was able to get past that issue but now I get an error event that says "Snapvault Relationship Create failed"

Condition:

A backup relationship between MYSERVERNAME:E:/Users and myfiler:/test_backup has been created.

Public