ONTAP Discussions

Ontap 8.2 Simulator Nodes limit - any way to power on 24 nodes

VIHBRIDGES

Hi ,

I would like to setup Ontap 8.2 cluster mode with 24 nodes for some of my testing related to NAS.

But looks like there is a limit of 2 nodes with the simulator , is there any way I can setup a cluster with 24 nodes using simulator.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

scottgelb

I have setup 4 nodes using the right license keys... I think license specific and the keys that are posted for the VSIM are 2 node.  Sounds like a nice test lab though...What are you testing where you need 24 and does that system have enough memory?  If you had a 24 node license, it might work but don't know if VSIM has a limit other than the license key...since we can go 4 node with the right key that seems the enforcement method.

waynes

Where do we find the 4 node license keys?

scottgelb

Check for demo keys from a Netapp SE

Sent from my iPhone 5

VIHBRIDGES

As part of my testing I need to test maximum limit of nodes ( it is 24 nodes for NAS ) .I am deploying these on ESX servers with enough memory.I could find license only for 2 node cluster .

VIHBRIDGES

I think in cluster mode only 2 node cluster licenses are available.

VIHBRIDGES

After I deployed OVF for the 3rd time ( to create a 3rd node )  , it is not allowing me to provide  serial number and system ID other than  4034389-06-2 and 4034389062 ( as per the Simulate ontap 8/2 installation and setup guide) .

But those are already taken by my node 2 and it is not allowing me to provider any other serial numbers .

scottgelb

Do you have a local Netapp SE you can work with for a temp key and new temp base license? The posted keys are permanent vsim 2 node only

Sent from my iPhone 5

Public