ONTAP Discussions

Problem with NDMP restore operation using Backup Exec 2010 R3

TNQNETAPPADMIN

I have a problem with NDMP restores on Backup Exec 13.0. The NDMP option is enabled on the Backup Exec media server and the NDMP filer has been added to the Backup Exec media server. The NDMP server is accesable and a complete backup of the NDMP filer was done and completed succesfully. I can browse the catalogues and able to restore the data to the filer restore location but the restored files seems doesen't have ACLs with it, showing Acccess Denied (NOT able to OPEN,COPY PASTE or anythig). Can you anyone help me out this prob?

Config: NetApp FAS2040 with Data ONTAP 8.0.1 7-Mode

-

Tamilselvan | TNQ

5 REPLIES 5

aborzenkov

ACLs must be saved during backup. If they were not - there is no way to recover them now.

TNQNETAPPADMIN

Hi

I realized it (ACLs must be saved during backup) immediately after the restore operation, but I hope ther is a way to recover the restored files, please guid me through it.

peter_lehmann

In order to have fully and complete NDMP restores, it is extremely important to have the correct "language" settings on the volumes you back up.

e.g. you have a volume "data" and have the language set to C (posix), which is in many cases the default. This will work just fine for almost anything you put in there, but if you want to get everything back (also ACL's and Umlauts (äöü)), then set it to: C.UTF-8

Also make sure, that your restore location (volume and qtree) has the security set to NTFS!

Hope this helps,

Peter

TNQNETAPPADMIN

Kindly guid me through any possibility to recover the files by changing the security settings on the restored files...

-

Tamilselvan | TNQ

WKMORRISON

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I am having the same issue, after restoring files there are permissions and I cannot modify them...

Public