ONTAP Discussions

Problems with OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft 4.1.2

DWFInfraSC

Hello,

I'm experiencing a couple of issus with OCPM 4.1.2

The plug-in has installed successfully on one management server and I am recieving alerts and lots of other telemetry from the clusters. The two issues I have run into so far are:

1. I cant add another management server to the pool. When I execute the "Clustered Data ONTAP: Add Management Server" task I am prompted for credentials and when I click OK I recieve the following error:

=== CLIENT ===
OnCommand Plugin for Microsoft 4.0
=== ERROR ===
OC.Common.Error.DefaultErrorDetails

=== MESSAGE ===
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input

=== DETAILS ===
Value cannot be null.

=== CORRECTIVE ACTION ===
No corrective action found.

=== STACK TRACE ===
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input, String pattern, RegexOptions options)
   at OC.Cluster.OM.Library.Performance.PerfStoreDB.GetOCPMDBServerConnectionInformation()
   at OC.Cluster.OM.Management.ManageResourcePoolMember.ManagementServerCredentials.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

2. The "Volumes" view never loads in the console. When I select the "Volumes" view I am presented with a "Loading" message but it never actually loads. When I select the "Volumes" view in the web console I see all 192 volumes populated with relevent status and statistics.

Grateful for any advice

Steve

8 REPLIES 8

sgrant

Hi Steve,

For Issue 2, I believe you may have hit burt Some of the views in System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) always appear to be loading data for the discovered storage objectshttps://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=945408)

There are various views in SCOM (for example, the Volumes view) that do not complete the loading process when displaying discovered objects; instead these views constantly show the "Loading" action.

To work around this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Right-click the view (for example, the Volume view).
  2. Click Personalize View.
  3. Click Reset to Default.

Not sure about Issue 1 though...

Thanks,

Grant.

DWFInfraSC

Hi Grant,

You are 100% correct - resetting the view has resolved the issue with displaying it, thanks for your suggestion.

If you have any thoughts on the "NULL value" thing I'd love to hear them. I was thinking of maybe manually installing the plugin on another management server, but I'm not so sure its a great idea. I'd much rather add another box to the pool as per the documented procedure.

Thanks for your help

Steve

RUME

Me too having same problem. Any solution to it or do Plugin have to install on other MS server to add to the resource Pool ?

RUME

Did anyone got fix to it ? I am not able to add my New Management server in Management Pool. It give error of "Null Value"

Rob_M

Did anyone figure this out?  Did you do just an new install on the second managment node?

Fursel

Had the same issue with adding another management server and it was fixed with help of NetApp support by replacing some files from MP itself. 

hsbrown2

We are also facing this issue in 4.1.3:

Value cannot be null.

=== DETAILS ===
Value cannot be null.

=== CORRECTIVE ACTION ===
No corrective action found.

=== STACK TRACE ===
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
   at OC.Cluster.OM.Library.Performance.PerfStoreDB.GetOCPMDBServerConnectionInformation()
   at OC.Cluster.OM.Management.ManageResourcePoolMember.ManagementServerCredentials.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

We'd like resolution, as we have no high availability in this scenarion, and are looking for improved monitring.

IND-GDC-Storage

HI Team,

we are facing challanges while monitoring aggregates and volume through OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft 4.1.2 because workflow(Aggregate Space Utilization (%) ) and Aggregate Available Space (GB) got stuck in single state change given below:-

The monitor has been initialized for the first time or it has exited maintenance mode.

And it will not trigger any alert even aggregates and volumes got full.

Can you please suggest on this. How can we fix this. 

Regards

Pradeep

Public