Subscribe

Problems with OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft 4.1.2

Hello,

I'm experiencing a couple of issus with OCPM 4.1.2

The plug-in has installed successfully on one management server and I am recieving alerts and lots of other telemetry from the clusters. The two issues I have run into so far are:

1. I cant add another management server to the pool. When I execute the "Clustered Data ONTAP: Add Management Server" task I am prompted for credentials and when I click OK I recieve the following error:

=== CLIENT ===
OnCommand Plugin for Microsoft 4.0
=== ERROR ===
OC.Common.Error.DefaultErrorDetails

=== MESSAGE ===
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input

=== DETAILS ===
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input

=== CORRECTIVE ACTION ===
No corrective action found.

=== STACK TRACE ===
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input, String pattern, RegexOptions options)
   at OC.Cluster.OM.Library.Performance.PerfStoreDB.GetOCPMDBServerConnectionInformation()
   at OC.Cluster.OM.Management.ManageResourcePoolMember.ManagementServerCredentials.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

2. The "Volumes" view never loads in the console. When I select the "Volumes" view I am presented with a "Loading" message but it never actually loads. When I select the "Volumes" view in the web console I see all 192 volumes populated with relevent status and statistics.

Grateful for any advice

Steve

Re: Problems with OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft 4.1.2

Hi Steve,

For Issue 2, I believe you may have hit burt Some of the views in System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) always appear to be loading data for the discovered storage objectshttps://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=945408)

There are various views in SCOM (for example, the Volumes view) that do not complete the loading process when displaying discovered objects; instead these views constantly show the "Loading" action.

To work around this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Right-click the view (for example, the Volume view).
  2. Click Personalize View.
  3. Click Reset to Default.

Not sure about Issue 1 though...

Thanks,

Grant.

Hi Grant,

You are 100% correct - resetting the view has resolved the issue with displaying it, thanks for your suggestion.

If you have any thoughts on the "NULL value" thing I'd love to hear them. I was thinking of maybe manually installing the plugin on another management server, but I'm not so sure its a great idea. I'd much rather add another box to the pool as per the documented procedure.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Me too having same problem. Any solution to it or do Plugin have to install on other MS server to add to the resource Pool ?