ONTAP Discussions

Promotional license installation limit exceeded ??

igor

Hello!

We've a demo filer which we use to promote NetApp technology and we use demo licences to unlock the feature that our clients might want to try out. Today, when I checked the licences status I realized that some of the were expired and so I downloaded new ones but when I tried to install a licencense for nearstore_option and a_sis I got this error:

netapp> license add KWCCHDG
Promotional license installation limit exceeded for nearstore_option

netapp> license add GOLXLWH
Promotional license installation limit exceeded for a_sis

How do I fix this?

Regards,

Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aborzenkov

Reinstall the DOT?

I know that demo licenses are supposed to be installable up to three times, but I have never seen it myself.

Regarding nearstore/a-sis – they are actually free; you need to place order to get license assigned to your filer serial(s) but order should be for zero sum (which already caused great disorder here once, because nobody could understand how to book zero amount ☺ )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

aborzenkov

Reinstall the DOT?

I know that demo licenses are supposed to be installable up to three times, but I have never seen it myself.

Regarding nearstore/a-sis – they are actually free; you need to place order to get license assigned to your filer serial(s) but order should be for zero sum (which already caused great disorder here once, because nobody could understand how to book zero amount ☺ )

igor

Hmm, yes... three times sounds about right. 🙂

Ah! The cipher strikes again! =D

Thanks,

Igor

Public