ONTAP Discussions

QA checklist for cmode

bbjholcomb

I'm looking for a QA checklist to verify the installation of Clustered Ontap. I've asked NetApp PS, nothing at this point, they will be doing the installation.

12 REPLIES 12

mrinal

Hi,

The Solution Builder document set for installing clustered Data ONTAP includes the checklist that can be used to verify the install. Alternatively, Config Advisor can be used to check the state of the install against NetApp operational recommendations. Config Advisor can be downloaded from https://tech.netapp.com/configadvisor.

bbjholcomb

That portal is not available to me.

mrinal

https://solution.netapp.com/UserDashboard.aspx  - Solution Builder portal

Is this the site you are looking for?

bbjholcomb

That site is not available to me.

Are you giving me sites that customers can access. It appears all the sites are for internal use only.

I want to know exactly what PS does in the setup and what they check/QA before they leave the site.

I know that the PSE's had a document that told the customer exactly what they were going to do to help set the customer expection.

mrinal

Hi,

The site is meant to be available to NetApp employees and partners. If you belong to either group and do not have access to the site, please contact NetApp support on support.netapp.com to rectify the problem.

If you are are NetApp customer, your local NetApp PS or partner should be able to provide the necessary information.

Hope this helps.

bbjholcomb

I asked the project manager and the PS staff assigned for this project, they don’t have it which is the reason why I posted on the community.

mrinal

Hi,

I have located the account team. There seems to have been a breakdown in communication and it is being addressed. You should be hearing from the local team very soon.

bbjholcomb

I wanted something that this community can look at and change for each site's different requirements. The more people that have input to this can only improve it and help cut the calls to support. NetApp published before why not now? Before PS came onsite to setup a HA pair the customer knew exactly what they would be doing and what wasn't covered as part of the installation.

mrinal

Hi,

Have put together a one page document on the essential checks on a clustered ONTAP cluster and attached it to this conversation.

I cannot comment on NetApp's decision to share or not to share certain documents. I will suggest raising this issue with your local NetApp representative.

bbjholcomb

Thanks, where is the one page document?

mrinal

It is part of my previous response.

bbjholcomb

Thank you I got.

Public