ONTAP Discussions

QUESTION - Volume and Snap Reserve Growth Rates

emanuel

Hello all

I remember hearing that the growth rates are a fixed calculation; is there anyway I can find out what that calculation is?  is this averaged over a 30 day period?  is it a delta over the last 24 hours?

I have to create a report that displays the daily growth rates inside hundreds of volumes and these two fields available in custom reports are:

- volume daily growth rate

- snapreserve daily growth rate

3 REPLIES 3

lwei

I think the growth rate(s) should depend on change rate. You can find the change rate either from talking to customer or monitoring the storage system. In general, daily change rate is what's important. So that leads to daily growth rate(s).

Thanks,

Wei

emanuel

It is going to be interesting; we are in a large sizing project now for a cluster of shared-standby databases that change on user activity.  Right now the customer is giving us monthly growth rates and my curiousity is .. okay, if they are giving us monthlies, can I tune OM to show me Monthly change rates?  I think if I take daily growth and multiply by 30 I should get close; my only concern is what if I am way off?

If I can only produce daily reports, then i would have to run a daily every day and average those out; could I go back in time with OM and get 30 days of a daily report?

lwei

I think your concern is well founded; 30x daily could be way off, if there are busy and slow days. I'm not that farmiliar with OM. But if it doesn't already have weekly or monthly reports, then it might be a good feature to request.

Thanks,

Wei

Public