ONTAP Discussions

SCOM 2007 R2 - NetApp 8.1.2 and NetApp OnCommand System Manager 3.0

jakeafton

Disclaimer: I am not a NetApp admin.

Our Data Ontap SCOM 2007 R2 alerts worked just fine up until they...didn't. We had a hard drive max out on one of our NetApps and we didn't get an alert, and when we went in to SCOM we can see the controllers under Data Ontap and that's it. Nothing else is reporting, nothing under aggregates, nothing under LUNs, etc.

Back in May we updated to 8.1.2 which as far as I can tell doesn't support the web console.

OnCommand Plug-in 3.0 is the only plug-in I can install since we have SCOM 2007 R2, but it seems like this only looks at the web console for NetApp, which is no longer there.

Any input would be appreciated. I am looking at spinning up SCOM 2012, in the meantime I'd like to get alerting and reporting back in SCOM 2007 R2 for our NetApps!

1 REPLY 1

jakeafton

Basically: SCOM 2007 R2 only supports OnCommand for Microsoft plug-in 3.0. NetApp 8.1.2, the version we are on, does not support web console. OnCommand for Microsoft plug-in 3.0 only supports pulling data from the web console(so it seems). Since the web console does not exist(I get an HTTP 500 error if I go to the location the plug-in is looking) the Data Ontap is blank. It can see the controllers, it has appropriate credentials, but the information is not there.

Is there a way around this?

Public