ONTAP Discussions

SNMP Errors

PARISALLSTON

Hi All,

I have seen a couple of threads on this issue but, unfortunately, they haven't been able to recitfy the issue for me.

So, IHAC running a 2040 on DOT 7.3.5.1 (can't run 8 because of a snapmirror relationship to a 2020), and they are seeing the below message on the CLI every few minutes:

[f<hostname> snmp.agent.resp.failed:warning]: Could not send response to host :<ip address> : reason : Failure could be due to either DNS/gateway misconfiguration or takeover/giveback in progress

I have tried to get them to set up a static route for this host by running route add <host_ip> <gateway> 1 but they get a message of "Entry already exists"

Anyone have any suggestions??

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1

ajeffrey

Hi There,

Looks like you are on the right track.  According to NOW the corrective action is:

"Check your network configuration, primarily the DNS and gateway setup. The SNMP send response might also fail if a takeover/giveback was in progress or a forced reboot was performed"

You might also check DNS entries to ensure there are proper forward and reverse entries for the destination.  Failing that is cf enabled with SSI? 

Cheers

Jeff

Public