ONTAP Discussions

SnapManager for Exchange and Protection Manager integration

collieritops

Exactly how do SnapManager products integrate with DFM & Protection Manager?

We thought that Protection Manager would provide us with a single console for managing all snap backups....meaning, I would never have to open the SMEX console to schedule a SMEX job...I could create SMEX backup jobs (not just a regular snapshot) through protection manager. We thought the same concept would apply for all SnapManager products (VI, etc). We don't want to open SMVI console to manage VI snaps, SMEX console to manage Exchange snapshots, etc, etc.

We have protection manager installed and I'm struggling to find any SnapManager specific integration in it... It's all very new so maybe I'm not looking in the right place. For the servers running SMEX we do have SnapDrive 6.1 installed and the DFM integration options set. I created a dataset containing the volumes for the Exchange storage groups & transaction logs...but in protection manager when I create protection policies & schedules, there are no SnapManager specific settings. When I run the backup wizard from SMEX I can choose several options...where to run the integrity check, which storage groups I want, backup DB and/or trans logs, _recent naming, etc. Where are these options in Protection Manager? Am i missing something?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Public