ONTAP Discussions

SnapManager for SQL verification server

chaney1956

I am preparing to configure SnapManager for SQL(2.1.1) for a customer. The only other SQL server they have is across a WAN link at the DR site along with the netapp that is receiving the snapmirrors. Can that server be used as the database verification server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jalmanza

I don't think the 2.x versions of SMSQL support verifying against a SnapMirror destination, you will most likely have to upgrade to 5.0 or later.

I took a quick pass at the documentation for 2.1.1 and verification on a SnapMirror destination is not mentioned.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

andyhull30

Hi,

If you are using a clustered instance of SQL then you will need to use another SQL server/instance, If not then the source SQL should be able to verify the DB ok. The latest version of SMSQL, v5.1 will allow you to use a clustered instance of SQL to verify DB's.SMSQL5.1 will allow you verify the DB at the remote site, I don't think v2.1.1 will allow this.

hope this helps

Andy

jalmanza

I don't think the 2.x versions of SMSQL support verifying against a SnapMirror destination, you will most likely have to upgrade to 5.0 or later.

I took a quick pass at the documentation for 2.1.1 and verification on a SnapMirror destination is not mentioned.

Public