ONTAP Discussions

SnapMirror Update and LUNs in Qtrees

davieb1969

I have several LUNs in QTrees provisioned from within SnapDrive, they need to be in QTrees for SnapVault support. The volumes are SnapMirrored to a DR filer and I can update the replica from within Filerview. However the "Update SnapMirror" option is unavailable from with SnapDrive and I also cannot select Update SnapMirror from within SnapManager for Exchange when performing a backup. The icons in SnapDrive do not show the correct icon for SnapMirrored drives. If I move the LUNs to the volume root, "Update SnapMirror" is available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

avbohemen

Yes, that is the buggy version. 6.3P2 is 6.3.0.4813, that version works ok with SnapMirror.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

avbohemen

Which version of SnapDrive are you using? For a short time, SnapDrive 6.3.1 was available, but it has been pulled from the NOW site because of this bug with SnapMirror. If possible, revert to SnapDrive 6.3P2 (a patch release to 6.3): http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/snapdrive_win/6.3P2/

I tested both versions myself, 6.3.1 definately has problems, 6.3P2 does not.

davieb1969

Hi, ah I am using SnapDrive 6.3.1.4912

avbohemen

Yes, that is the buggy version. 6.3P2 is 6.3.0.4813, that version works ok with SnapMirror.

davieb1969

Avbohemen, you're a wonderful man. I spent several hours on the phone to NetApp support yesterday with no resolution. Thanks very much

Public