[ Edited ]

Dear friends, I need to create a SnapMirror between NetApp Release 7.3.4 and NetApp Release 8.2.2 Cluster-Mode, but when I try to create the snapmirror relation, I can't find the source filler (not part of the cluster and running Netapp 7.3.4).

What are the steps to achieve this? Is this possible?

Best regards.

Re: SnapMirror

Snapmirror from 7-mode to clustered Data ONTAP is possible for transition purposesly only.  For details and procedures, see this document:

7-Mode Data Transition Using SnapMirror

Snapmiror from 7 to C is a transition data protection (TDP) . For this you must create peer transition relationship prior to establishing snapmirror. Refer to snapmirror data protection guide on how to create transition peer relationsip

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Also note If your source 7-mode volume contains iSCSI or FCP luns, these cannot be transitioned to a Clustered Data Ontap SAN. You will see this error in the SAN log:

wafl.voltrans.lun.exists: Volume <Vol-Name> contains 7-Mode LUNs. It cannot be transitioned to Cluster-Mode.

You must manually copy the data or use an imaging software such as  Shadow Protect or Symantec Backup and Imaging Software  for example.