ONTAP Discussions

SnapVault: could not understand data received from network

ganssauge

Hello,

has somebody an idea what the error message "could not understand data received from network" means? I get this error with a SnapVault Relationship between NetApp FAS2050 (OnTap 7.3.3) and an OSSV client (verison 3.0.1, Windows 2003). I have three snapvault relationships between the client and my Storage System. Two relationships work fine, but one relationship stops the transfer if a scheduled update starts and hang in a quiescing state. I have already canceled the relationship with snapvault stop and have done a new baseline transfer, but the error comes back. The baseline transfer works fine, but if the system want to create a scheduled update there are only a part of the source data are transfered. The transfer aborts after a random  amount of data. This relationship works some months without problems and suddenly it doesn't work.

Has somebody a solution for this problem?

Regards and thanks for your answer

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ganssauge

Hello,

I found the solution. It was a VSS Problem on the OSSV Client. A Backup Software and the OSSV Client wanted to create a VSS Snapshot at the same time.

Regards

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ganssauge

Hello,

I found the solution. It was a VSS Problem on the OSSV Client. A Backup Software and the OSSV Client wanted to create a VSS Snapshot at the same time.

Regards

David

pmuriuki

I am having similar issues with OSSV - MS SQL Transaction logs backup, the db backup/restore works ok. Can someone help me?

Error message:

Wed Jun 10 16:11:31 CEST [filer1:replication.dst.err:error]: SnapVault: destination transfer from SERVER1:app:mssql:SQL100:ACCCM:Tlog to /vol/SQLbackup/db1_Tlog : could not understand data received from network.

Command Syntax:

snapvault start -S SERVER1:app:mssql:SQL100:db1:Tlog filer1:/vol/SQLbackup/db1_Tlog

Public