I've created my SnapVault destination volumes using the following method:

vol create sv_ca_testvol -s none aggr0 94g
snap sched sv_ca_testvol 0 0 0
snap reserve sv_ca_testvol 0
sis on /vol/sv_ca_testvol
sis config -C true -I true /vol/sv_ca_testvol
sis config -s manual /vol/sv_ca_testvol

tr-3958 says this:

The manual schedule is an option for SnapVault destinations only. By default if deduplication and postprocess compression are enabled on a SnapVault destination it will automatically be started after the transfer completes. By configuring the postprocess compression and deduplication schedule to manual it prevents deduplication metadata from being created and stops the postprocess compression and deduplication processes from running.

Why am I not seeing any inline compression or deduplication savings on the SnapVault destination volumes?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tyrone_owen_1

Thanks for the reply but the informaiton you pointed me to tells me what I already know. I asked why deduplicaiton/compression wasn't working on my SV destination volumes based on the configuration parameters I listed in my initial post (following the directions in TR-3598)

After raising a case with NetApp it appears that the TR is incorrect, the sis schedule should be set to '-'

sis config -s - /vol/sv_ca_testvol

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer page 58 of TR: https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-3966.pdf

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

tyrone_owen_1

Thanks for the reply but the informaiton you pointed me to tells me what I already know. I asked why deduplicaiton/compression wasn't working on my SV destination volumes based on the configuration parameters I listed in my initial post (following the directions in TR-3598)

After raising a case with NetApp it appears that the TR is incorrect, the sis schedule should be set to '-'

sis config -s - /vol/sv_ca_testvol
Public