ONTAP Discussions

Snapdrive 6.3, W2K8 R2 and Connect Disk Wizard

BrendonHiggins

I am building a new Windows 2008 R2 server to verify our Snapvault destinations.  The server has all the windows patches install, MS iSCSI and snapdrive 6.3p2.

We have a strange problem when we use the SD "Connect Disk Wizard" to mount flexclones of the snapvault'ed LUNs.  When I browse to the filer and volume it works OK but when I start drilling down into the snapshots, only the sv_daily are shown with a '+' to open and access the qtree/lun.  {I can mount these without issue}

We can use a Windows 2003 server with SD6.2 to access the same snapvault destination and the sv_weekly snapshots, then mount them without issue.  Also if I copy the lun path from the Windows 2003 server and past it into the Window 2008 server's SD/ connect disk wizard, it will allow the wizard to complete without issue and mount the LUN.

Anyone seen this behavour before?

Thanks

Bren

6 REPLIES 6

watan

Hi Brendon,

First I've heard of this specific issue and will see if I can find anything on this.  I know there was a snapvault update & mmc issue that will be fixed in the next release and may be related.

Will post my findings, thanks for letting us know!

BrendonHiggins

It is a strange issue but easy to work around.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Bren

watan

Hi Bren,

Looks like this is related to burt that I mentioned.  Would you please collect a OntapWinDC from the problem node and send the data over to me?

Thanks!

BrendonHiggins

We have now upgraded the both the ESX server to 4.1 and VM Host tools but it has not resolved the issue.  Have found that if I browse to the problem snapvault and the add / to the path the wizard will offer the next step in the path.  We can repart the / process until we get to the LUN so I am sure it is a bug in the SD code rather than a fault with the HOST or filer.

Can not run the WinDC, get a strange error message:

C:\Setup\OntapWinDC_6.2.0.4522_X64>ONTAPWinDC.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Will log a support call with TSE.

Bren

watan

Shoot me over the support case once its logged so I can help move it along. Thanks again Brendon.

watan

Wow you're fast!  Got the case # and will look into it.

Public