ONTAP Discussions

Snapmirror.access host=xxx

nsitps1976

Both src and dest can resolve each other via hosts file – If I use the hostname in the snapmirror.access option I receive access denied, however of I use the IP address then the dest filer can access the src.

I would like to use names rather than IPs. Am I missing something here? Is this something to do with reverse lookup etc??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adamgross

From the CLI do "rdfile /etc/hosts" and make sure there aren't any weird characters in there causing problems for you.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

scottgelb

It sounds like "options snapmirror.checkip.enable"... if set to on then snapmirror resolves the host name to the ip.  Is it set to off and does switching to on resolve the issue?

adamgross

From the CLI do "rdfile /etc/hosts" and make sure there aren't any weird characters in there causing problems for you.

nsitps1976

Ok, I have tried changing “options snapmirror.checkip.enable”  without success. I have also double checked the /etc/hosts file entry.

The source filer is a vfiler and I have configured snapmirror from within the vfiler (not the host system, vfiler0), I am wondering if it is an issue with vfilers, Scott???

Do you think vfiler0 needs the same /etc/hosts entry as vfilerxx?

scottgelb

Did you check the options in the vfiler? Snapmirror.checkip.enable is also a vfiler option.. Also snapmirror.access.

Typos Sent on Blackberry Wireless

scottgelb

Also can you ping from the vfiler and to the vfiler?

Typos Sent on Blackberry Wireless

nsitps1976

Yes I have set all options from within the vfiler and I can also ping to and from the vfiler (I can snapmirror from the vfiler if I use the destination IP address).

scottgelb

Really odd...the name resolves but doesn't work for snapmirror.  If you "telnet ip 10566" you will get a response since it works by ip, but what happens if you "telnet hostname 10566" ?  I am sure you checked, but nslookup responds the same way from a host for ip and host?

nsitps1976

Sorry, my mistake! Although I did check the hosts via cifs/wordpad, when I checked with rdfile the name was appended with the local filer name!

adamgross

Glad to help.  I always start simple because you never know. 

SAROJSAHUMSC

Hi All,

I m saroj sahu i made an entry in the production like below but i want to remove this entry like host10>options snapmirror.access should be in previous state,

host10>options snapmirror.access host=host1

host10>options snapmirror.access

snapmirror.access  host=host1

Bcz in snapmirror.allow file having the entry already.

is there any impact of same entry in both like snapmirro.access and snapmirror.allow file while snapmirror occuring.

Plz could you help me in this regard

Thanks

Saroj

aborzenkov

This is either/or. /etc/snapmirror.allow is used only if snapmirror.access is set to “legacy”. Otherwise it is ignored.

SAROJSAHUMSC

Thanks to everybody all of my friends but how can i set snapmirror.access to "legacy"

Previous state

>options snapmirror.access ----->enter

legacy

but i change by entering >options snapmirror.access host=host1

Now it is >options snapmirror.access

snapmirror.access  host=host1

so how can i go to my previous state like

>options snapmirror.access ----->enter

legacy

Plz help me bcz i made it in production as i m a new to this technology but already the snapmirror.allow file is exists with the same host name what i entered in the snapmirror.access file.

Thanks

saroj

aborzenkov

options snapmirror.access legacy

Public