ONTAP Discussions

Snapmirror between FAS3020 and FAS270

bobpowell

Hi

Is there a problem when mirroring between a FAS3020 and FAS270?

I have some data in test on a FAS3020 and trying to mirror to FAS270 also in test but for some reason the mirror will not initialize. I have tried mirroring from FAS270 to 3020 and all OK.

Seems strange, all configure files look ok, OnTap is the same version, snapmirror.access is correct, well as far as i can see.

The message from the FAS270 (destination) is as follows:

"Transfer aborted: update from source not possible; snapmirror may be misconfigured, the source volume may be busy or unavailable."

Message from FAS3020 (Source)

"snapmirror: Access Denied from if = virtual_live, src ip = 10.10.x.y, dst ip = 10.10.x.y.  Check options snapmirror.access."

Please help!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrendonHiggins

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like your FAS3020 has multiple interfaces and the FAS270 is connecting to the wrong one.

What does

ifconfig -a

say?

Have a look at this for how to set the required interface.

https://now.netapp.com/Knowledgebase/solutionarea.asp?id=kb16344

Hope this helps

Brendon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BrendonHiggins

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like your FAS3020 has multiple interfaces and the FAS270 is connecting to the wrong one.

What does

ifconfig -a

say?

Have a look at this for how to set the required interface.

https://now.netapp.com/Knowledgebase/solutionarea.asp?id=kb16344

Hope this helps

Brendon

bobpowell

Hi Brendon

The FAS270 was running multiple VLans in a sinagle VIF didn't think this would cause a problem when mirroring from the 3020 which was running one Vlan, makes sense why it worked in reverse. You reply did point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

danielpr

You need to make sure that snapmirror access is set properly on the source filer.You need to specify the destination filer ip address <src ip = 10.10.x.y,>

and the access at the source filer for the mirror volume should be configured.

Thanks

Daniel

Public