ONTAP Discussions

Snapvault fail with "the qtree is not the source for the replication destination"

TimD

I'm sucessfully running nightly snapvaults from a Windows source, which usually work fine.

Every few weeks, when starting the transfer, (either from the schedule, or manually using Snapvault Update), I get the error "the qtree is not the source for the replication destination" on the Secondary.

On the Management Console the error reads "restart checkpoint not found on the source"

This has happened on several relationships.

On the Primary, a SnapVault Status lists the relationship with status Idle.

I can destroy the entire relationship and destination qtree, and start again, but this means loosing all my snapshots, and haveto baseline the entire dataset.

Can anyone help in finding what is causing the issue,

and how can I restart the relationship (recreate the checkpoint ?) using the source and existing secondary qtree.

I have other snapvault relationships on the secondary which continue to work OK.

Connection between the primary & secondary is over a relaible 20Mb MPLS, which does not show any errors.

Snapvault Secondary

OnTap 8.2.1 7-Mode

FAS 2240

Snapvault Primary

OSSV client running on Windows 2008 R2

v 3.0.1.2011

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

georgevj

Try this:

Restore the .OSSV_DATABASE_BACKUP to the root of the backup directory which is backed up:  E:\shared_directory.

For Example:

Relationship to restore:

Source: host:E:\shared_directory\
Destination: filer:/vol/ossv_destination/qtree

Command:

snapvault restore -S filer:/vol/ossv_destination/qtree/.OSSV_DATABASE_BACKUP E:\shared_directory\temp
A temporary source destination relationship is created between the controlller, and the OSSV host. The controller is the source for this relationship. Ensure options snapvault.access is set to 'all' or including the OSSV hostname/ip, or the restore will fail. 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

georgevj

Try this:

Restore the .OSSV_DATABASE_BACKUP to the root of the backup directory which is backed up:  E:\shared_directory.

For Example:

Relationship to restore:

Source: host:E:\shared_directory\
Destination: filer:/vol/ossv_destination/qtree

Command:

snapvault restore -S filer:/vol/ossv_destination/qtree/.OSSV_DATABASE_BACKUP E:\shared_directory\temp
A temporary source destination relationship is created between the controlller, and the OSSV host. The controller is the source for this relationship. Ensure options snapvault.access is set to 'all' or including the OSSV hostname/ip, or the restore will fail. 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

TimD

Thankyou for the reply.

This has worked great, and sorted the problem.

T

Public