ONTAP Discussions

Suggest a Feature

kunalm

Want to see a new feature in ZEDI? Do let us know and we will try our best to incorporate !!!

3 REPLIES 3

reide

kunalm,

Fantastic tool.  However, I don't see any way for ZEDI to generate the code for multiple iterations of an API call.  For example, if I want to get a list of all aggregates on a filer I use the aggr-list-info api. However, I have to use the aggregate-list-info-iter-start and aggregate-list-info-iter-next commands in order to move through the list of aggregates.  The ZEDI tool doesn't appear to allow you to specify this when you generate the code (Perl, Java, C...).  It would be very nice if it did this.

kunalm

Great suggestion Reid. Though ZEDI is capable of providing you the result in XML/Tree format for iter APIs with a single call (by enabling the iteration comprehension in Preferences > Options), the code generated does not take care of it.

We will keep this in mind while enhancing the next version of ZEDI.

VMUNOZ_NTT

Another good feature would be to generate sample code in Powershell. It would allow a better integration with WFA "commands". Today it's possible to do with Perl, but seems that Powershell is the most used language in WFA.

Public