ONTAP Discussions

Unable to contact the host agent - error 22308

simonhaeni

Hello

If I would attach a Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86) to the Netapp Protection Manager as OSSV Host I'm receving the error message "Unable to contact the host agent - error 22308".

I installed Netapp Host Agent and OSSV Plug-In on the server...

All other servers works fine...

I dont find anything about this error...

regards,

simon

7 REPLIES 7

simonhaeni

Event ID in Windows Event log is 4102

failed to open tcp socket for qsm inet6

failed to open tcp socket for ndmp inet 6

krisanderson

I had the same problem.  BackupExec was installed on my primary and it was listening on TCP 10000.  Open OSSV configurator on primary and change the NDMP Listen Port' to something else then stop and restart the service.

freeb

I've got the same problem at a customer site.

Event ID in Windows Event log is 4102

failed to open tcp socket for qsm inet6

failed to open tcp socket for ndmp inet 6

it's a windows server 2003 32bit.

i already changed the NDMP Port from 10000 to another port. Restarted the OSSV Service. --> no success.

It was already working for a long time, but immediatly this error occured.

Do you have another idea?

Regards,

Florian    

simonhaeni

Hi

At us there was a problem with the database from the dfm server, there was an old entry of this server.

first delete all entries in the protection manager of the problematical server, then:

1. dfm service stop
2. dfm service start sql
3. search the Object-ID of the problematical server (dfm agent list > C:\agent.txt)
4. dfm host delete -f ID
5. dfm service start

then recreate the connections in the protection manager and it should works fine.... (should....)

regards,

simon

freeb

Thanks for your fast response.

I forget to say that the customer isn't using oncommand core or the protection manager with this ossv host.

it's a direct ossv to netapp snapvault destination. the scheduler is done directly on the netapp snapvault destination.

simonhaeni

ok... sorry so i can't help you 😞

mike_burt

I believe you will recieve these errors when you do not have IPv6 driver installed for your network adapter.  If you are only using IPv4 then you should be able to ignore these messages.

Public