2011-08-19 07:11 AM
What would be the condition or criteria to make the volume to be offline?
In my environment , vol1 volume has showing a 100% usage space however it is a thick provisioned volume.should i have to do any workaround for this or ignore it ?
bit panicked.Can someone pls help me out.
2011-08-22 04:11 AM
Is the volume offline, under vol status?
If the volume is at 100% full there can be issues with the system using it as no writes can happen. The filer will also not be happy about the 100% full volume either.
2011-08-22 04:22 AM
vol1 volume has showing a 100% usage space however it is a thick provisioned volume.should i have to do any workaround for this or ignore it ?
Don't ignore it - NetApp filers don't like 100% full volumes!
You have few options really:
- delete some data in the volume to release space
- grow volume (if there is free space in containing aggregate)
- grow volume & make it thin provisioned (guarantee set to none, but again - some free space in aggregate is needed)
- look at & possibly lower snap reserve
- if there are any LUNs in the volume - look at & possibly lower fractional reserve