Subscribe

cDOT 8.2.1RC2 not accepting "Everyone" for CIFS share ACL

Hi community!

I've recently upgraded our lab cluster to 8.2.1RC2 (from 8.2P5).

Now I try this:

labcm01::> cifs share access-control create -vserver vsasupdata -share test2 -user-or-group Everyone -permission Full_Control

Gives me:

Error: command failed: Failed to resolve the security identifier (SID) for the account named "Everyone". Reason: Bad user 'Everyone' or domain ''.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm pretty sure this worked before in 8.2.0...

When I create a new share the default is "Everyone Full_Control", however if I change that to a diffwerent user/group (delete Everyone) and later want to change it back, it looks impossible.

Ideas? Or better Burt ID?

Re: cDOT 8.2.1RC2 not accepting "Everyone" for CIFS share ACL

Hi,

we've had the exact same issue, new shares worked with everyone, manually adding everyone to existing shares didn't. What language is your domain? We had a german domain and had to use "Jeder" with Clustered ONTAP 8.2.1rc1. Since "Jeder" doesn't work with the old 7-Mode systems in the same domain, we have to migrate all "everyone" share access manually

Regards

Mario

Hi Mark,

currently cDOT won't translate well-known users and groups directly, so you would have to use the local equivalent, e.g. Jeder in a german domain for everyone. Sadly this will brick transitions using 7MTT since share-acls often use Everyone, Domain Users, Domain Administrators and other well-known identifiers.

Please attach your systems to Bug 803576.

Best regards,

Bernd

Yes that's it. Breaks my 7MTT migration as well. Thanks for the tip.